A doorman is a person whose services are engaged to greet the guests at a place of residence or a hotel. Doormen are also hired for security purposes and Valet parking services. You will often see a doorman in lavish high rise buildings responsible for Highrise valet parking services. The individual is responsible for opening doors for visitors and keeping an eye on deliveries, as they come and go. The job description of a doorman also often entails providing additional services such as signing on the forms to receive packages, carrying baggage items from the elevator to the street, and vice versa
- Delivery and pickup of postal services.
- Concierges also often take care of packing delivering, taking care of large deliveries like furniture and other hefty appliances
- Making hotel, airline, cinema, lunch and dinner reservations on behalf of the guests
- Providing assistance with party planning and arrangements
- Helping guests with checking in and checking out
- Providing Hotel valet parking services for the guests
Airport Porter Services
Needless to say, one gets fatigued pulling and dragging their luggage items at the airport. To save yourself from this trouble, you can leave your baggage with a baggage handler who is usually outside the airport (this is very much similar to the Valet parking services). This person will ask you for your identification and your ticket, print your luggage tickets, and attach them to your baggage items. He will then hand over your claim ticket, allowing you to walk into the airport baggage-free.